Get ready for new features and improved web client
In this post:
- Upgrade starts April 6
- New features with Zimbra 8
- Get-prepared info
We are enthused to announce that on April 8th, we will upgrade zMailCloud. This major upgrade will bring many new features and improved performance.
Service will be interrupted temporarily during the upgrade. No emails will be harmed during this process.
Beginning on Saturday, April 6th, 2013 between 10:00PM and 4:00AM CDT (GMT-5), we will be upgrading the Zimbra Collaboration Server software on which zMailCloud is based from version 7.2.1 to version 8.0.2. This upgrade brings hundreds of new features and improved performance.
During this upgrade process, zMailCloud customers will not be able to log in to accounts. As usual, we will post a message to the Customer Center when the maintenance starts, and when it is finished. It is possible we may delay the upgrade again by a week or more, based on the results of continued pre-upgrade testing.
Here are a few of the highlights from the hundreds of new additions and features that come with with this major upgrade:
- Windows 8 Outlook support for bidirectional sync using the Outlook Connector
- Dedicated Search tab. Perform basic or advanced searches on mail, contacts, appointments and tasks (including by date range) to quickly find results
- Shared tag search capability
- Improved Conversation View
- Manage Distribution lists within the web client
- Enhanced calendar printing, print by date range
- Sync Gmail & Yahoo! external calendars
- Mac Address Book bidirectional Group support
- Improved mobile device administration
- Sort by “To” in Sent folder
For more info. on all the new features in Zimbra 8, please see the Zimbra 8 release notes.
Get Prepared Info
For the majority of zMailCloud customers: you don’t need to do anything! The new Web Client user interface, while cleaner and more attractive, is not so different that you won’t be able to dive in and use it well immediately.
As noted in our email to GA Atlanta Water Damage Restoration customers, customers with custom graphics for their Web Client, should contact zMailCloud support before the upgrade to arrange to get us updated logos and splash screens.
Note that Help Desk login is required to access the linked downloads and knowledgebase articles below.
- Using Outlook? To automatically sync mail, contacts, calendars and more, you must download and install the Zimbra Outlook Connector (ZCO). For those of you using this connector, we recommend installing the new connector soon after the upgrade is complete. Click here to download. Note: This is the 32 bit version, our current recommended version. The 64 bit version may be downloaded here.
- Using a Mac? For those of you who use a Mac, there’s no iSync Connector upgrade. For Macs running OS 10.7 (Lion) or later, please uninstall the iSync Connector if you were using it previously and use CardDAV & CalDAV instead of the iSync Connector to sync your contacts & calendars.
- Using the native Zimbra Desktop client? For those of you who use Zimbra Desktop, we highly recommend the newest version of that software as well. This can be found for Windows, Mac and Linux here. You may upgrade to the latest version before the upgrade.
We hope that you find these changes to the zMailCloud hosting environment as exciting, and helpful as we do. Thanks to increased functionality, bug fixes and a cleaner user interface, we are convinced that your experience will be better than ever before.
If you have any questions about the upgrade, please contact our support team at 1-888-962-4525, option 4 or email us here at support: firstname.lastname@example.org.