Q: When do I need to update to new custom server addresses in zMailCloud?
– This change must be made prior to your scheduled maintenance window.
Q: Will my email address change?
– No, your email address will remain the same. Only the server names used when logging into webmail or configuring mobile devices such as iPhones or android phones, or mail clients such as Zimbra Desktop, Outlook or Apple Mail are changing.
Q: Can I still use 01.com server addresses after the maintenance window (smtp.01.com, mail.01.com, etc.)?
– No. After this maintenance, using a 01.com server address to login to your webmail account or using a 01.com server address to connect using a mail client will no longer work.
Q: What is my new custom server address?
– Your new custom address is formatted as:https://yourdomainname.zmailcloud.com/, replacing “yourdomainname” with the domain name you are currently using with zMailCloud, minus your generic top-level domain (.com, .net. etc.).
For example, if the domain you are using in zMailCloud is xyz.com, your new custom server address is: https://xyz.zmailcloud.com/
Q: Where do I go to login to the Admin Console?
– Your new Admin Console login is at: https://yourdomainname.zmailcloud.com:7071 (replace “yourdomainname” with your new custom server address.
Q: How do I update the zMailCloud Outlook Connector to use the new custom server address?
– Please see this article: https://zmailcloud.com/uncategorized/how-do-i-sync-my-email-account-in-outlook-after-upgrade/
Q: How do I update iOS devices to use the new custom server address?
– First, determine if you are syncing your account as Exchange Activesync (recommended) or IMAP. To do this go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > your zMailCloud account. Your account type will be listed at the top of your account details.
If your account type is Exchange, click on your Account details and update the “Server” field to your custom server address (xyz.zmailcloud.com, for example, replacing “xyz” with your own custom server address) and click on Done when finished.
If your account type is IMAP/POP, click on your Account details on update the “Incoming Mail Server Host Name” and “Outgoing Mail Server/SMTP address” to your new custom server address. Click on Done when finished making changes.
Q: How do I update Mac Mail/Mail.app:
– Go to Mail > Preferences > Accounts > (your zMailCloud account) > Account Information tab. Update the “Incoming Mail Server” to your new custom server address.
Next, go to the Outgoing Mail Server and click the drop-down menu > Edit SMTP server list. Locate your zMailCloud account server from the list and update the server name to your new custom server address. Click OK when done making changes.
Q: How do I update Android phones:
– Go to Settings > Accounts > Microsoft Exchange Activesync > Settings > Exchange Server Settings > (your zMailCloud account) > Server and update the server address to your new custom server address.
Q: How do I update Thunderbird.app:
– Open Thunderbird and go to Tools > Account Settings and update the Server name to your new custom server address. Once that is done, go to the Outgoing Server tab > (your zMailCloud account) > Edit and update the Server address to your new custom address & click OK when done.
If you have any additional questions, please contact our help desk by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 1-888-962-4525 x4.
Posted in: 5. Features