Yes. Outlook for Windows is freely, and well-supported by zMailCloud.
While the web client conveniently offers access to the most features in one place, we support many ways to access zMailCloud. At no additional charge we provide not only the software you need to move Outlook mailboxes quickly into our cloud, but also keep your mail, contacts, calendars, tasks and much more up-to-date. We provide the most mature Outlook compatibility on the market outside of Microsoft. And exceeding Microsoft, we support even more functionality in our innovative web client. So when you’re away from Outlook, you can use almost any web browser on any computer to access all of your collaborative features, including file sharing, without losing drag-and-drop ease-of-use. Use other ways, like mobile devices, too? We’ll sync them all.
For configuration information, please see our Getting Started Guide.
Use the .PST import tool, a wizard to migrate your Outlook mailbox into zMailCloud. Use the Outlook connector (ZCO) to sync automatically, bi-directionally between Outlook users and zMailCloud. zMailCloud supports import wizard and connector with Outlook for Windows, versions 2003, 2007, 2010 and 2013. Due to Outlook’s poor past implementations on the Mac, Outlook for Mac support is under development, and currently only supported using IMAP connectivity. Please see our Mac FAQ for further info on our otherwise excellent Mac support.
- Email, calendars, tasks and contacts syncing/sharing
- Personas are available in Outlook under Tools > Options > Personas
- Mail Filters are available in Outlook under Tools > Server Rules
- Tags are synchronized with Outlook Categories
- Account quotas: view account quotas under Tools > Mailbox Quota. If close to quota, you may use Outlook Archiving to save files to your computer to prevent going over your quota limit. Outlook Archiving removes the messages from the zMailCloud servers. Note that this free archiving is different from our optional, Legal Compliance Archiving (LCA) service. Also reference quota billing policies.
- Shared folders: accessed under Outlook > File > Open > Other User’s Folder. Shares can be created/edited by right-clicking on the item to share, and selecting the sharing tab.
- Out of Office Reply is not available from Outlook. You may log into the zMailCloud web client to set up and turn off your out-of-office alerts.
- Search folders created in zMailCloud do not synchronize to Outlook.
Posted in: 4. Compatibility