Configuring Your MX Records: GoDaddy.com
- Log in to your account at www.godaddy.com.
- Click on My Account
- In the left column under My Products, click on the Domain Manager.
- Click the domain(s) that you’d like to use with zMailCloud.
- Launch DNS Manager
- Clear all existing MX (Mail Exchange) by clicking Delete.
- Click OK in the confirmation dialogue box.
- Once you’ve deleted all existing records, click Add Record or Quick Add under the MX record section.
- For each MX Record, enter information according to the data in the table below:
- For the Select the Priority Value drop-down menu, enter the priority value.
- For Enter a Host Name, leave the default setting to @.
- For Enter Goes To Address enter the zMailCloud server name.
- For the Select TTL Value drop-down menu, enter 1 Day. This will appear as 86400 seconds within the DNS system.
Goes To Address
- Click Continue.
- Click Add to confirm each entry. The DNS Manager main page will reappear when you’ve finished.
Congratulations! Your MX records are now configured to point to zMailCloud. Keep in mind that changes to MX records may take up to 24 hours to propagate throughout the Internet.NOTE: Make sure each entry is entered exactly as it appears in the above table, including the trailing dot at the end of each record. Also, it is critical that you are using the default name servers that Godaddy.com provides, if you’re using custom domain name servers, you’ll have to either 1) make the changes on the custom domain name servers instead or 2) change (back) to using the default GoDaddy.com domain name servers.