This article contains the steps to setup your zMailCloud account on an Android device using an Exchange/ActiveSync connection.
Please back up any and all data on the device before you initiate the following steps:
From your Android home screen, select the Email/My Accounts icon found under Settings:
Click Add New Account
Select Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync as the account type (or Corporate Email).
Click ‘Manual Setup’
Enter your zMailCloud account settings:
- Email Address: your full zMailCloud email address
- Server Address: yourcutomaddress.zmailcloud.com (if you are unsure what your custom server address is, please contact email@example.com)
- Domain: leave blank (or \firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Username: zMailCloud email address
- Password: zMailCloud account password
Check ‘This server requires an SSL connection’
Select the data you want to sync (Mail, Contacts, and Calendar).
Click ‘Finish Setup’.
Additional info: Some Android devices require that you must 1st navigate to the web client using your phone’s web broswer and accept the security certificate at https://server.zmailcloud.com/ before setting up your account.
Congratulations! You have successfully authenticated your zMailCloud account on your Android device.
If you need any assistance along the way, please create a ticket.